Thursday, April 22, 2010

Journal #8- NETS I, IV, & V

Lindsay, Julie, and Vicki Davis. "Navigate the Digital Rapids." L & L 37.6 (2010). Retrieved 22 Apr 2010 from: http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/Publications/LL/LLIssues/Volume3720092010/MarchAprilNo6/Navigate_the_Digital_Rapids.htm.


In the article: “Navigate the Digital Rapids”, written by: Julie Lindsay and Vicki Davis, Lindsay and Davis discuss what digital citizenship is. Both define digital citizenship as, “transforming yourself into a professional who can effectively research technology trends, monitor the uses of technology in your school or district, avoid the fear factor that can easily paralyze you, and empower student- centered learning to create vibrant, exciting learning projects”. Lindsay and Davis talk about how throughout the years our society has changed, and all we use now is technology, therefore our teachers need to be taught how to accurately apply these to their classrooms.

Question #1: As a future educator, do you feel digital citizenship should be applied to your classroom?

Yes, as a future educator, I definitely feel it is important to apply digital citizenship to my classroom. From experience, almost all of my assignments in college are given, and must be turned in via the internet. This, in my opinion, is just the beginning. Where we will be in ten years, who knows, but it will definitely be interesting to see. I feel as though all of school where be done using technology, therefore it is definitely important for me to apply this to my classroom.

Question #2: As a future educator, how could you go about slowly adjusting to digital citizenship?

I feel that adjusting to digital citizenship is a gradual and slow process. From experience, while doing my observations, I couldn’t believe how technology knowledge based these children already are, especially at such a young age. As future educators, we need to know what to expect. We should slowly teach ourselves about the different programs our students will be using, maybe even take a class, so we are well prepared when that time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment